I love crepes. They are excellent for each meal and are in my category a “fall” meal. So light and delicious!… But I do make them during all seasons.
I won’t lie, we were trying to clean fridge noticed some vegetables that needed someone to eat them so decision time came. CREPES popped up in my mind. Such an easy peasy meal and yet it is so fantastic. So easy to make! For breakfasts I will have blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches or whatever fruit or filling. Dollop some yummy homemade whipping cream on top, sprinkle some powedered sugar and wahhhla! A yummy breakfast.
Here is the delicious dinner one.
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 pkg. mushrooms, sliced.
4 chicken breasts, chopped
– Marinate chopped up chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary.
– Saute or grill chopped up chicken breasts until no longer pink. Set aside
– Meantime, steam all vegetables until soft. (Start off with carrots, then add broccoli then mushrooms)
– Once done, combine chicken with vegetables. Keep warm.
1 c. milk
2/3 c. flour
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil.
– In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, salt & oil. Process until smooth.
– Heat skillet over medium-high heat Pour 1/4 c. of crepe batter into pan, tilting to coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2-5 minutes turning once until golden.
Cheddar Cheesy Sauce:
3 TBL. butter
3 TBL. flour
2 1/2 c. milk
1 1/4 c. grated mild cheddar cheese
1 tsp. salt
Pinch of white pepper
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour after butter has been melted. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly so mixtures doesn’t burn
Heat milk in microwavable container until hot. Add milk gradually to saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk until smooth and thick. Reduce head and simmer 2-3 additional minutes. Add cheese and seasonings and stir until combines. Remove from heat.
**Fill crepes with chicken vegetable fillings. Roll up and drizzle with cheddar cheese sauce. Garnish with rosemary**