Oh boy. It’s that time of year already. Food, family, shopping, crazy filled grocery stores, decorating, baking, then eating a ton. Personally, I love it. I love the excitement in peoples eyes…except for those who are crazy shoppers getting the ‘deals’. They scare me. (Random note, that’s why I avoid black friday and only check things out online. )
So anyways, back to this scrumptious dessert everyone should try making. That is, if you enjoy chocolate, pumpkin, and more chocolate. Sometimes, you just have to indulge…Follow this awesome blog, My Baking Addiction. AHHHmazing recipes on here. Since it is November, I always like to bake with pumpkin somehow. I first saw the pictures, and then I read the ingredients and had to try this. Hopefully you will too!
Yield: 12 brownies Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook time: 30-35 minutes
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
For the Pumpkin Swirl
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Ganache
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted. While the chocolate is melting, prepare the pumpkin layer. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer well combined and smooth. Set aside.
3. Once the butter is melted, remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until chocolate is melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.
4. Spread 3/4 the batter into prepared pan. Spoon pumpkin filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over batter. Spoon remaining brownie batter over filling. Use a knife or wooden skewer to cut through the batter several times in different directions to create a swirled pattern. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes – do not overbake
5. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely. Before serving, prepare the ganache.
6. To make the ganache, pour the chopped chocolate into a medium mixing bowl, set aside. Pour the heavy cream into a microwave safe measuring cup (Pyrex) and microwave on high for about 1 minute or until bubbles begin to form on the surface. Take care to not overheat because the cream will boil over. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for about 3 minutes. Use a small whisk to combine the mixture into a smooth chocolate glaze. Spoon the ganache over the brownies.
Sourced from: My Baking Addiction